Accessible Page Links




Page Tools

Secondary Navigation

Main page Content

History

Pimpama State School was first proposed on August 3, 1871 and opened on April 15, 1872 and is located on Hotham Creek Road North, South of Ormeau. The site is very well presented with a focus on providing a visually aesthetic and functional environment.

The name Pimpama is of aboriginal origin, there being several versions of its translation - 'place of soldier birds','place of magpie larks' or as a corruption of Bim Bim Ba 'place of many birds'. It is pronounced with the stress on the first syllable, and short 'a' in the second - PIM-pa-ma.